Using Datalore in a class

I’m considering moving the python section of my class to Datalore. Is there anyone doing similar, and does the company offer any form of support for education users yet? I’ll be getting around 40 students to sign up. They will all be logged on for practice during class, and then separately on their own time to study.

Hi, David!

We do not provide any Educational licenses at the moment, but I believe the Free (Community) plan suits you well. Please keep in mind that Datalore is under active development.

Feel free to post here noticed issues, your feedback is valuable to us.

We are going to use Datalore in our class to introduce students to Python. We will prepare lectures in notebooks and share the public link with students and ask them to solve exercises in copie of a prepared homework notebook (shared via the public link too). They can than publish their solutions and send us the link back, so we leave comments. I can share our experience after this semester, if you are interested.

3 Likes

I can share our experience after this semester, if you are interested.

It would be great! Thank you.

This is a bit of a show stopper for presentations and teaching… :wink:

Besides that it works great until now. Downtime was also pretty short, less than 5min I guess.