Some questions about the product

I have some questions about this product.

• In the billing documentation, I can only run the kernel for 120 hours, that is, 5 days.
    • If I don’t run any code or even don’t write any code, will the kernel run?
    • If the above is right, then can I stop the kernel? Where?
    • If I can stop the kernel, how I can restart it?
  • The demo have some LaTeX examples.
    • When I open the notebook in Google Chrome, the LaTeX rendered as is, but in Firefox it won’t work. Why?

Thanks!

Hello!

• If I don’t run any code or even don’t write any code, will the kernel run?

Basically, the kernel runs when the notebook is open.

• If the above is right, then can I stop the kernel? Where?

Kernel automatically stops when you close the notebook, also you can manually shut it down using the “Running computations” dialog:

Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 19.06.26

• If I can stop the kernel, how I can restart it?

If it wasn’t explicitly stopped recently – you need just to reopen the notebook to start the kernel again. Otherwise there will be a popup with the button:

• When I open the notebook in Google Chrome, the LaTeX rendered as is, but in Firefox it won’t work. Why?

Could you provide more details please? Everything seems to be fine for me (I’ve just checked on Firefox 77.0.1@macOS and 74.0@Ubuntu).

Thanks.
I have some small suggestions. Can you add a button or something that can stop the kernel temporarily? (In fact I just don’t want to waste the only 120 hours :slight_smile: )

1 Like

You can stop the kernel for the current notebook via the Running Computations dialog, but, yes, UX is not optimal here – we’ll think on how to improve this, thank you.